Amy Demner, Ph.D., ATR-BC, FAACS
Dr. Amy's Expertise:
- Ph.D. in Human Sexuality
- Board Certified in Clinical Sexuality
- Over 20 years experience and training as a psychotherapist and Clinical Sexologist
- Board Certified by the Art Therapy Credentials Board
- Member of the Association for Death Education and Counseling
- Licensed psychotherapist
- Areas of expertise: sexual trauma; physical disability and chronic illness; sexual dysfunction; gender issues; intimacy concerns
- Author and lecturer for educational institutions; mental health facilities; national organizations
- Guest speaker on radio and television
- Author of the People Talk About ...Herpes Book featured on this site
If you are looking for healthy information about sex, you’ve reached the right website!
Within these pages, you will find a wealth of information on a variety of topics related to mental health and your ability to get the most out of living. My primary focus is sexuality, because it’s a fun topic and a key aspect of who we are.
Sexuality also is a complex topic, that leads to a life-long learning process. Many parts of our lives influence our sexual thinking and behavior. Starting early in life, parents, schools, religion, peers and media all impact our personal development. Who we are, how we feel about ourselves and the way we share love with others are just a few of the many experiences molded by our sexual attitudes and experiences.
Join me on this eye-opening journey toward discovering how to be happier and have more fulfilling relationships. You may not have learned about sex as a kid, but it’s never too late to receive healthy information about human sexuality.
Stay sexually positive and healthy!