Dr. Erica Goodstone
I have made it my life's work to study and attempt to truly understand love, relationships, sexuality, desire, mind and body health, emotional well being, and spiritual connection. As a former professor of health and physical education for over two decades, I taught thousands of students about stress management, the mind-body connection, healing, health, and the benefits of physical activity, including aerobics, sports, dance and yoga.
As a licensed and nationally certified pain management and mind-body therapist, I have discovered the intimate connection between the body and the mind. As the body relaxes and lets go of habitual tensions, the mind relaxes, allowing new synapses and new brain pathways to develop, gradually leading to new attitudes and changed behaviors (FL Lic:# 8892).
As a licensed mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist and board certified sex therapist, I have spent thousands of hours listening to clients share their deepest feelings about their most significant relationships. I have watched individuals and couples' lives and relationships transform before my eyes (FL Lic:# MH 0001738).
As a nationally board certified sex therapist, I have discovered that sexual problems are not separate from the rest of one’s life. Symptoms and “body problems” may actually be powerful messages from your body reminding you to pay attention to, focus on, and deal with certain people or issues in your life.
My quest for knowledge, understanding and inner peace has led me to study many spiritual and religious methods (including yoga, meditation, Kaballah, Christian Science, Rosicrucians, and The Infinite Way). My goal is to assist you to find your own connection to God, a higher power, or the source of all being (however you choose to define it in your own life).
I received my Ph.D. from New York University in Human Sexuality, Marriage and Family Living. I have been involved with all the major sexuality organizations for over two decades. My training includes a powerful mind-body therapy/body psychotherapy modality called The Rubenfeld Synergy Method (combining Gestalt Therapy with Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement Exercises, and Eriksonian Hypnosis).
Treatment Modalities Include:
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Eriksonian Hypnosis
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Goal-Oriented Therapy
- Marriage/Couples Counseling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Somatic Psychology
- Spiritual Counseling
Professional Organizations/ Affiliations:
- Fellow, American Association of Integrative Medicine, Collete of Mental Health;
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy;
- Diplomate, Approved Supervisor & Sex Therapist, American Board of Sexology;
- Certified Sex Therapist, American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists;
- Clinical Member, Society for Sex Therapy & Research;
- Member, Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality;
- Certified Family Therapist, National Academy for Certified Family Therapists;
- Approved Supervisor, Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor & Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Management;
- Certified Rubenfeld Synergist, Rubenfeld Center, Inc.'
- Registered Polarity Practitioner, American Polarity Therapy Association;
- Certified, National Certification Board for Therapuetic Massage and Bodywork;
- Certified, American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia;
- Clinical Member, U.S. Association for Body Psychotherapy;
- Clinical Member, American Mental Health Counselors Association;
- Member, American Counseling Association
Specialties or Interests:
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage/Couples Issues
- Mind/Body Therapy
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Psychosomatic Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sex / Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Women's Issues
- Mens’ Issues